CANCER EPIGENETICS - PRINCIPLES, APPLICATIONS AND SINGLE-CELL RESOLUTION
Open to the scientific community, the Spetses Summer School 2022 covered the topics of chromatin structure, epigenetic regulation, single-cell omics, and disease applications with a particular focus on cancer and leukaemia.
The Spetses summer school hosted around 100 junior researchers (PhD fellows and postdocs). Participants were selected on the basis of submitted abstracts.
All selected participants presented a poster. An ad hoc committee selected a few poster presenters during the summer school for an additional oral presentation (short talk).
Registrations are closed.
PhD fellows and postdocs €600 (VAT included)*
*21% VAT included. Note that no payments are needed at the time of pre-registration. Selected candidates will be contacted with payment details after notification.
Registrations open: 21 April 2022
Registration deadline: 1 June 2022 (midnight CEST)
Notification to selected and waitlisted participants: 15 June 2022
Payment deadline: 1 July 2022
Registration to the summer school included:
– Attendance at all sessions
– Accommodation at Anargyrios & Korgialenios School Spetses (A.K.S.S.) in shared rooms. Arrival on 28 August and departure on 3 September
– Breakfasts from 29 August to 3 September
– Lunches from 29 August to 2 September
– Tea/coffee breaks during the course
– Light buffet dinner on 28 August
– Farewell dinner on 2 September
– Boat trip
Day 1 (28 August): Arrival. Registration (from 20:00h, local time) and light buffet dinner (20:30h) at A.K.S.S.
Day 2 – Day 6 (29 August – 2 September): Scientific programme: Lectures (including keynote lectures), selected short-talks, breakout sessions and round tables, poster session, and networking activities. Farewell dinner on 2 September.
Day 7 (3 September): Departure.
Lectures covered the state-of-the-art of the research with detail on methods.
VENUE: The Anargyrios and Korgialenios School of Spetses
The Anargyrios and Korgialenios School of Spetses (A.K.S.S.) is a historical and cultural heritage site of the island of Spetses. It was established in 1923 on a picturesque 120.000m² parcel along the northern coastline of the island. The A.K.S.S. is found in an enclave of unique natural beauty, surrounded by pine forests and olive groves and embedded with beautiful gardens throughout. It includes a complex of five buildings of neoclassical architecture with state-of-the-art conference facilities. Each year the A.K.S.S. hosts several national and international scientific conferences, and it was the be venue for our summer school!
Spetses is an island just off the south coast of the Peloponnese mainland. Flying into Greece, the closest airport is Athens International Airport. Participants needed to cover and arrange their own travel.
Indicative travel plan:
1. Fly to Athens International Airport.
2. Go by direct bus (Express Bus X96; ~1.5-2h.), metro (~1.5h.) or train (~1h.) from Athens International Airport to Athens harbour (Piraeus).
3. Take a hydrofoil/catamaran (~2-3h.) from Piraeus to the Island of Spetses. There are 5-6 daily trips to Spetses and two hydrofoil companies: Euroseas-Eurofast-1 and Hellenic Seaways. Tickets can be pre-booked online.
4. Once in Spetses, go to the A.K.S.S. either by foot (~20 min.), water taxi (~3-8 min.), hourse buggy (~5 min.) or taxi (~3 min.).F